Today we helped 17 patients, Herbal and Wound Care were busy, served 300 sandwiches (turkey and PB&J), 150 burritos from Burrito Brigade, 8 gallons of amazing soup, many hundreds of cups of coffee, canned food, a lot of socks, and a mountain of other items.
We had a crowd of maybe 40 folks lined up by the time we opened. Our Hospitality folks served about 300 servings of food and beverages during the day, including about 200 Burrito Brigade burritos. The final patient count came in at 27. Big demand for clothing today. Very successful Clinic! Thanks to all the wonderful volunteers who made it possible!
Lane county nurses, mental health specialists, and other clinicians who serve some of our most vulnerable populations are demanding a fair, living wage. AFSCME, the union representing more than 600 county employees, and the county have not reached an agreement and the strike will continue over the weekend.
Oregon AFSCME spokesman Ross Grami: “We believe the gap between the parties to be roughly $1 million over three years for each contract. Their shameful actions are causing harm to vulnerable communities and to dedicated public servants. Our members will stay strong and united.”
Lane County Board of Comissioners:
- Jay Bozievich (District 1 – West Lane) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pat Farr (District 4 – North Eugene) email@example.com
- Sid Leiken (District 2 – Springfield) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sorenson (District 3 – South Eugene) email@example.com
- Gary Williams (District 5 – East Lane) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Mokrohisky – Countyadministrator@co.lane.or.us